Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jet Lag, You Monster!

My jet lag hit me like a bus today. I was sitting in my grammar class feeling sick, thinking I had picked up some god-awful intestinal or brain parasite from my soup or lahmacun, or maybe from all the street walkers I have been fooling around with. But as it turns out, I was just tired! I actually dozed off in my reading class for a second. That has only happened twice before in my life: once in German in high school, and once in Political and Social Thought in college. I blame the parents, and the schools.

Classes were fine, the teachers are all really friendly. Psh, how typical. I have Sümrü Hanım again! She didn't really recognize me, though. But I will also have Mine Hanım later in the summer, and she definitely will. She's a natural redhead, too. We have built-in radar, and if you look closely, you'll notice that when two of us stand by each other, the temperature in the room drops slightly. Trust me. My only regret is that my classroom is on the other side of the building, meaning my view is of the second Boğaziçi Bridge to the north, and the Bosphorus up that way. If that is my only complaint, you can imagine how things are going. Son of a bitch! My view is fucking beautiful, but not as beautiful as it COULD be! 

I hustled home after class to nap for two hours, during which I had the most incredible dream I have had in months. Some film crew was filming in my dream house, and taking up all the space with their supplies and fat crew members. So I went on the warpath, disrupted their filming and screaming expletives at the actors. Then, later, Samuel L. Jackson arrived with a production assistant carrying a bunch of alligators. He told me that he'd kill me if I told anyone about the movie he was filming, ostensibly "Alligators on a Boat." Then I woke up. I am sure I could have retold it better, but you likely don't even give a shit in the first place, so I won't waste even more of your time than I already do. 

I did some pleasure reading last night. Non-fiction. Salt, by Mark Kurlansky. FACT: the phrase "red herring" comes from the practice common among New England's colonial hunters of placing salted red herring at various points along their path in order to throw wolves off their scent. I drop mad science on you like it's my job. Conversation hour today was fun. My TA is very nice, and also very pretty! Unfortunately, as always, she has what is sure to be a super handsome boyfriend with a Peugeot and a Fauxhawk. I just got back, actually. She showed me afterwards where I could buy a cheap alarm clock, and you know what I did? I bought one. I bought one for 8TL, and the girl who worked there even put a battery in it for me, FREE OF CHARGE. Talk about service! My only hope is that it wasn't made in China...of lead and arsenic. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when the alarm goes off, and a cloud of chlorine gas shoots into my face. Ha! I hope there's a snooze button! 

I might use Nick's TRX thingy and work out a bit and shower before going to dinner somewhere, or maybe I will just nap. I am in no way worried about gaining any weight here, for three reasons: 

1) The food is much healthier, and I drink about 2 liters of water a day;
2) I walk about 4 miles per day, or 80km. I do this at the speed of sound.
3) Hakan the Otopark Attendant constantly refers to my weight loss, and has so much charisma that if I do gain weight, he could tell it to leave me alone and it would. Then it would probably go hassle some American women.

But anyway, it's time to do some homework and listen to some Orhan Gencebay.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, way to not follow MLJ's directions. You fool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MLJ? Who the hell is that? I meant SLJ. sheesh.

    ReplyDelete